Depression is a crippling condition that many people go through at different stages in their lives. Some people experience it in ebbs and flows, while others deal with it on a daily basis. No matter the frequency or severity, depression can certainly have vastly negative effects for a person. Depression can affect your relationships, productivity, and concentration. But there are new advances in medicine that can work wonders.

Every year more than 14 million people in the U.S. suffer from major depression. Of those who seek help, about 60% to 70% will improve or fully recover with standard antidepressants. That leaves 30% to 40% of people who suffer from depression still living with its effects daily, even though they’ve made the brave choice to seek treatment. These people tend to have a greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse, hospitalization, and suicide attempts.


Ketamine as an Antidepressant

An ever-growing body of research shows that the anesthetic drug ketamine is a highly effective antidepressant, especially when other antidepressants such as Prozac, Zoloft, and Effexor aren’t helpful.

Ketamine is an increasingly viable option, acting quickly, often within hours or even less.  What some scientists are calling a “miracle drug,” ketamine can sweep away depressive symptoms with amazing ease and speed. Patients who have been depressed for years, running the gamut of prescription drugs along the way, prescriptions that can sometimes take months to take effect, can experience relief from depression within hours.

Ketamine Treatment Resource is committed to providing the community with help when help seems hopeless. We’re on the forefront of innovation, supplying new options to the age-old question of depression. Contact one of our trusted providers if you’ve been looking for a solution to depression and have found little comfort or hope. We’re here to help you decide the best treatment for you.